Monday, March 1, 2010

The Picture

I am really selfish today.

I have put this item in my blog, not because it has anything to do with global warming but because I am selfish.

I am selfish because, until just over three years ago, I had a son just like the mother in this picture has a son.

I want you to take a real good look at this picture. Take in every detail and remember all you can about it!

Look at it!

Don't fuck off and watch TV or guzzle a stubby!

LOOK AT IT!



Now please scroll down and read David Cox' blog concerning this picture.



























"This was a perfectly healthy twenty two-year-old young man who in the service of his country got half of his head blown off.

I think that’s important, I think that’s newsworthy.

Let me tell you how newsworthy I think it is. I think that it’s more important than chocolate cake recipes and far more important than comic book reviews. It is more important than who fell and whose swell at the winter Olympic games.

It is far more important than any self-serving load of crap banged out by Pseudo doctor Amy. It is more important than American Idol or Lost or any other mindless goat droppings the public chooses to chew on.

This is some American mother’s son, her little boy, he may be gay or straight or transgender but his life is fucked forever.

How did this come to happen to this poor mother’s son?

It came to happen because the people in the media who are supposed to foster a public debate on such public issues as war instead used their franchise to promote articles about chocolate cake and comic book reviews.

They see their free press as free to choose not to look when bad thinks happen.

They feel no need to explain to his parents or to anyone that the war that blew off half of this poor boys head was based on out and out lies.

It was a war perpetrated by people who hoped to gain from it be it in oil or pipelines or service contracts and like the media they don’t care that this mother’s son is mangled and mutilated.

Do you care? "

You can read the rest of David Cox' blog here:

http://open.salon.com/blog/david_cox/2010/02/25/the_picture

Or you can fuck off and watch TV and guzzle a beer!

No comments:

Post a Comment